I’m a sucker for anything seasonal. As soon as there is even a hint of fall in the air, I start downing pumpkin spice lattes and wearing plaid like there’s no tomorrow. I also love to make Boogie and Marcelo join in on the fall activities. They dress up for Halloween, play in leaf piles, pose for autumn-themed photoshoots, and now they even get to enjoy pumpkin spice dog treats!
These treats are yummy, easy to make, and healthy. Pumpkin is a great source of fiber and it helps with digestive health. Yogurt has probiotic benefits and is an excellent source of calcium, and turmeric is a “superfood.” It helps with inflammation, pain, allergies, and contains cancer fighting agents.
They’re so tasty that both Boogie and Marcelo love them! Try them out for your pup.
Check out our recipe below.
- 1/2 cup organic greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric power + a sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of golden paste
- Mix the pumpkin and yogurt together in a bowl.
- Mix in turmeric powder and a sprinkle of black pepper. If you have golden paste, you can use this instead. Either works!
- Spoon into a silicone mold.
- Pop out of the silicone mold and put into a freezer bag or tupperware.
- We used the dog paw molds for Boogie sized treats. If feeding a smaller or larger dog, use appropriate sized molds (Marcelo the chihuahua requires the small dog bone mold).
- Keep treats in the freezer to keep them cold.
- Double the recipe if you have multiple dogs!
- Want to use Golden Paste? Check out our Golden Paste recipe here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Be sure to mix well!
Use a flat spatula to smooth batter into the mold.