There’s nothing like a cold treat on a hot day. We love this recipe because it’s DIY, only 3 ingredients, and doesn’t require any baking. Plus, it’s healthy. Make these and store them in your freezer all summer long. They’re all natural, and good for your dog too!
Scroll down for our 3 ingredient frozen dog treat recipe, or watch our video for instructions.
DIY Frozen Dog Treats
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon unprocessed coconut oil
- 1 banana
- Cut the banana into slices.
- Make sure the coconut oil is in liquid form. If not, place over low heat and warm until melted.
- Mix banana, peanut butter, and liquid coconut oil until smooth. Use a blender or mixer if possible.
- Form into silicone ice cube tray and freeze until set.
Since peanut butter gets sticky, we like to make these treats bite sized in a small mold so they’re easy to chew. Our dogs are 4lbs and 22lbs. Keep the treats in an air tight container or zip lock when they’re not being used, and always keep them in the freezer.
You can purchase the ingredients and molds we used below:
If you’re making these for a larger dog, you can double the recipe.
We love this recipe because it’s super healthy: coconut oil improves digestion, is great for a dog’s skin and coat, and helps with bad breath. Peanut butter is always a favorite, since it has healthy fats and protein. Bananas are yummy and a good source of potassium and vitamin C, among other things.
Would your dog like these homemade dog treats? Have you made this recipe, or a similar one? Leave a comment below! We’d love to hear from you.
Click here for more DIY dog recipes.
This post contains affiliate links. To learn more, visit our Disclosure & Disclaimer page.
Pin for later!